1817 Josef Reinisch founded the organ building company in Gries am Brenner.
1825 the workshop moved to Steinach am Brenner.
1853 a major fire destroyed all company documents. Records are available from 1860 onwards.
Since 1918 Johann Pirchner Snr worked for the company as an organ builder.
Until 1935 5 generations of family Reinisch were involved in organ building
1935 Johann Pirchner Snr took over the company
1942 - 1945 the operation of the company was interrupted due to the war.
1948 new machines were acquired and the building of mechanical slider chest organs recommenced; pneumatic and electrical systems were preferred between 1898 and 1942.
1945 - 1972 more than 120 prominent instruments were built under Johann Pirchner.
1972 Johann Pirchner Jnr took over the company.
1996 Martin Pirchner took the Master Organ Builder’s examination in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
1997 the company moved to a newly built workshop at the present day location in Steinach.
1998 the name of the company was changed from “Orgelbau Reinisch, Pirchner & Co” to “Orgelbau Pirchner”.
Since 2003 Martin Pirchner lead the company “Orgelbau Pirchner GmbH & Co KG”
2011 Andreas Pirchner successfully completed the organ building apprenticeship and is now working for the business.